LABOR AND DELIVERY NURSE SUPERVISOR
LABOR AND DELIVERY NURSE SUPERVISOR / RN
$115,000-165,000 + Benefits + Bonus
8 Hour Shifts
$20,000 Signing Bonus and Paid relocation
The Supervisor is responsible for assisting the Manager in providing overall leadership and direction for the Critical Care units and for creating an environment that fosters a multidisciplinary team and collaborative approach to care that achieves operational and clinical "Best Practice". Participates with the Manager in overseeing all aspects of the care delivery system and works organizationally to improve service. Participates with the manager to create and implement an operational budget annually, monitoring performance monthly.
- Provides leadership along with the manager for the unit on a day to day operational basis.
- Accountable with the manager for:Ensuring the provision of patient care 24 hours a day. Rounds on patients to obtain insight into care provision and patient satisfaction.
Assigned clinical operations, patient care activities, coordinating patient care delivery on a daily basis in collaboration with other members of the health care team.
Developing, implementing, and monitoring unit-based quality improvement programs. Uses lean principles in problem solving departmental and intradepartmental operational issues.
Leading the efforts for the unit to develop and achieve “best operational and clinical practice”. Reinforces positive outcomes and demonstrates corrective action for identified problems.
Developing and implementing unit based goals for the delivery of quality patient care.
- Establishes strong rapport with physicians, staff and peers. Communicates effectively.
- Ensures with the manager that patient care is delivered in accordance with professional, regulatory, and medical center and department standards.
- Accountable for appropriate patient care based on assignment patterns, patient/family satisfaction from rounding. Appropriately intervenes and uses sound judgment in problem solving.
- Assists with new hires and orientation. Works with unit preceptors.
- Demonstrates clinical competence by assisting with patient care in order to maintain clinical skills.
- Serves as a role model for staff in following established standards of the department and attendance at designated meetings.
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills and applies lean principles in problem-solving issues.
- Collaborates with the clinical nurse specialist and/or clinical educator to identify, plan and implement an educational program pertinent to the service and for all levels of staff.
- Demonstrates effective delegation and prioritization skills.
- When delivering care as a RN:Fulfills responsibilities of RN position description.
Demonstrates nursing skills in designated areas/patient care setting.
Accountable for planning, implementing or changing programs/classes, as needed.
Responsible for ensuring competencies of Family Educators through the evaluation process, and educational opportunities.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing from an accredited school.
- Required upon hire: Washington Registered Nurse License
- Required upon hire: National Provider BLS - American Heart Association
- 2 years Recent experience in Critical Care with demonstrated clinical knowledge and leadership qualities.
- Experience as a Charge Nurse
Ideal candidate will be someone with charge or supervisor experience within L&D.
Ideally someone with 3+ years of experience within L&D leadership.
MUST HAVE LEADERSHIP WITHIN L&D.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $110,000.00 - $165,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance